Have you ever wondered about how the liquor system in Oregon works, here is a quick run down.
- First we mash in and distill our liquor, in our case it is rum, whiskey or moonshine.
- When it is ready we bottle it up, put a label on it and drive it to the warehouse in Milwaukie.
- So how do liquor stores get it in their stores?
- We have to get people to order some into their local liquor store, or convince the store they need it
- So if a liquor store wants some in our home town here of Grants Pass, they have to order it from the state and get it trucked back down here from Milwaukie.
- Shelf space in liquor stores is very important, they want to stock what they make the most on.
- If our customers would go into their local store and request our products that is one way to get in
- Bars and Restaurants are only allowed to buy from the liquor stores.
- It is kind of an outdated system
- As soon as a bottle leaves our distillery we have to pay the tax on it.
- The state gets close to half of what the bottle sells for in tax.
- If everyone supported Oregon businesses we would all do great.
- If we have any products that you like please ask your local store to get it in for you.
There is more to it but you get the general idea.